The best gluten free cheese scone recipe – soft fluffy cheesy scones, perfectly delicious warm from the oven spread with butter.
Gluten Free Baking
Eating a gluten free diet needn’t mean missing out on delicious treats like these cheese scones. Made using gluten free flour from Doves Farm these are totally wheat and gluten free. Be sure to use gluten free baking powder.
Best Gluten Free Cheese Scone Recipe
It’s a really simple flavoursome family recipe and so easy to make, I sometimes bake these for breakfast as they really don’t take long to make.
They taste best still warm from the oven and served with cheese and a nice chutney or dipped into a bowl of warming soup.
Delicious gluten free cheese scones.
- 200g Gluten free plain flour (I use Doves Farm)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- Couple of grinds of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 50g butter
- 100g grated cheddar
- 100ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Lightly grease a baking tray with butter.
- Tip the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and mustard powder into a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter and rub it into the flour with your fingers until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the grated cheddar and stir into the scone mixture.
- Pour in the milk and using a butter knife mix into a stiff dough.
- With floured hands pick up ping pong ball sized pieces of dough and mould into a rough scone shape.
- Place onto the greased baking tray.
- Milk wash the tops of the scones.
- Bake for 10 minutes until turning golden.
Best served warm from the oven.
Make the Gluten Free Cheese Scone recipe your way
- Try different types of cheese.
- Add in some chopped ham or black olives
Gluten Free Recipes to Make
Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas
Breakfast is often the trickiest when eating gluten free – but we’ve got 10 tasty gluten free breakfast ideas that are simple and filling