Eating a gluten free diet needn’t mean missing out on delicious treats like these cheese scones. Made using gluten free flour from Doves Farm these are totally wheat and gluten free.
It’s a really simple flavoursome family recipe and so easy to make, I sometimes bake these for breakfast as they really don’t take long to make.
They taste best still warm from the oven and served with cheese and a nice chutney or dipped into a bowl of warming soup.
Delicious gluten free cheese scones.
- 200g Gluten free plain flour (I use Doves Farm)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- Couple of grinds of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 50g butter
- 100g grated cheddar
- 100ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Lightly grease a baking tray with butter.
- Tip the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and mustard powder into a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter and rub it into the flour with your fingers until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the grated cheddar and stir into the scone mixture.
- Pour in the milk and using a butter knife mix into a stiff dough.
- With floured hands pick up ping pong ball sized pieces of dough and mould into a rough scone shape.
- Place onto the greased baking tray.
- Milk wash the tops of the scones.
- Bake for 10 minutes until turning golden.
Best served warm from the oven.
Make the Gluten Free Cheese Scone recipe your way
- Try different types of cheese.
- Add in some chopped ham or black olives