Dig into a bowlful of delicious comfort food – gnocchi tossed with homemade tomato and rosemary sauce, topped with goats cheese and mozzarella. A super simple vegetarian dinner that’s filling, tasty and oh so easy to make (because… we do love easy!)
Delicious Italian comfort food
- Good splash of olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 small red onion - finely chopped
- 2 springs of rosemary - leaves picked and finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 500g pack of gnocchi
- 125g mozzarella - chopped or torn into pieces
- large handful grated goats cheese - we use Wookey Hole cave aged goats cheese
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Add a splash of olive oil to a saucepan - gently fry the onion for 5 minutes adding just a small pinch of salt.
- Tip in the garlic and rosemary and fry for 1 minute - add the tinned tomatoes and dried oregano - bring the sauce gently to the boil - season with salt and black pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer with the lid off for around 20 minutes.
- Once the sauce is cooked - turn off the heat and put to one side. Meanwhile cook the gnocchi as per the packet instructions - drain well then toss the tomato sauce through the hot gnocchi.
- Tip the gnocchi and sauce into a shallow roasting tin or oven proof dish - scatter over the mozzarella and grated goats cheese.
- Put under a hot grill until the cheese is melted, bubbling and browning.
- Allow to cool just a little and then divide into bowls and serve.
Make Gnocchi with Tomato & Rosemary Sauce your way
- Fancy some spice? Add in a pinch of chilli flakes
- Switch the rosemary for basil or thyme.
How to serve Gnocchi with Tomato & Rosemary Sauce
- Serve in bowls alongside garlic bread slices.
- Add a crisp green side salad or portion of steamed green beans simply dressed with lemon juice and olive oil.
You might also just LOVE our 20 quick and easy pasta recipes!