Healthy and delicious pasta salad packed with Mediterranean flavours and vibrant colours. Quick and really simple to prepare and cook. Ready in less than 15 minutes making it ideal for when you’re pushed for time but still want real food.
Quick and easy summery pasta salad
- 300g fusilli pasta
- pinch salt
- drizzle of olive oil
- 2 heaped tbs sun dried tomato pesto
- 1/2 cucumber sliced
- 300g baby plum tomatoes
- 150g feta cheese
- handful of black olives
- 1/2 red onion finely sliced
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions in boiling water with a pinch of salt and little drizzle of olive oil, this just stops the pasta sticking. Once cooked drain and rinse under cold running water to cool it down quickly.
- As the pasta cooks slice and chop the salad vegetables and cube the cheese.
- Once the pasta is cool stir the sun dried tomato pesto through and mix gently to coat, add all the other ingredients except the spinach and stir to combine.
- Scatter the spinach onto a serving platter, pile on the Greek pasta salad and serve.
Make Greek Pasta Salad your way
- Mix things up a little and try different pesto flavours.
- Switch the feta for mini-mozzarella balls.
- Skip the spinach and add rocket or Italian salad leaves.
How to serve Greek Pasta Salad
- Quick and easy healthy lunch
- Easy midweek dinner
- Nice lunchbox recipe – very portable, just add and ice pack alongside
- Summer picnics and parties