Delicious, healthy Greek potato salad recipe with fresh herbs and feta cheese. The perfect summer side dish to go with grilled chicken or fish. Super easy healthy family food!
This is one of my favourite potato salad recipes to make, I love all the flavours of a classic Greek salad but with added carbs.
Yes… even when it comes to salad I do really like carbs!
Our Greek potato salad is really lovely served at BBQ’s, picnics or just with lovely, laid back summery dinners in the garden.
It’s also a great salad to pack in lunchboxes, it’s filling and packed with healthy veggies. So it’s salad I feel good about eating.
Greek Potato Salad Ingredients
- 1.5 kg Baby new potatoes – skins scrubbed and potatoes halved
- 1/4 Red onion – thinly sliced
- 2 Handfuls of black olives
- 300g Baby plum tomatoes halved
- 1 Small cucumber – sliced
- 200g Feta cheese – cubed
- 2tbs Olive oil
- 1tbs White wine vinegar
- 1/2tsp Dried oregano
- Pinch sea salt and black pepper
- Small bunch of fresh herbs – I use oregano, marjoram and flat leaf parlsey from my little herb garden that I grow at home.
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
How to make Greek Potato Salad
This super simple Greek Potato Salad recipe can be thrown together in less than 20 minutes.
It’s a great side dish for summer, perfect potluck salad and great with BBQ food or picnics.
Just toss together boiled baby new potatoes, cucumbers, baby plum tomatoes, black olives, sliced red onions, cubed feta cheese and fresh herbs.
Then simply dress with a homemade vinaigrette dressing. It’s such a simple salad that’s fresh and so delicious to eat.
Greek Potato Salad Dressing
I dress the Greek potato salad with a freshly whisked up vinaigrette dressing using 2 tbs of olive oil and 1 tbs of white wine vinegar with a pinch of dried oregano, sea salt and black pepper. Simple and delicious.
You could use a tzatziki style dressing if you prefer with Greek yogurt, freshly chopped mint, garlic and lemon.
Make Greek Potato Salad Your Way
Get more potato recipes here
Mix up your potato salad your way – change up your ingredients to suit your tastes. Try…
- Switch the baby new potatoes for sweet potatoes
- Add in crispy croutons
- Add in shredded lettuce and a twist of lemon
- Add in some grilled chicken slices.
- Switch the salad dressing to one of your favourites
More easy potato salad recipes to try
- Potato Salad with Radishes and Herbs – a delicious vegan potato salad with herby dressing.
- Bacon Potato Salad – love your potato salad fully loaded? Try our bacon-y potato salad dish here.
- Classic Creamy Potato Salad – sometimes you just want a good old fashioned potato salad with delicious creamy dressing – you’ll love this!
Get more potato salad recipes here
Need some family meal ideas?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planner tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!
- 1.5kg baby new potatoes - scrubbed and halved
- 1/4 red onion - thinly sliced
- 100g black olives
- 300g baby plum tomatoes
- 1 small cucumber - sliced
- 200g feta cheese - cubed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- pinch sea salt
- pinch cracked black pepper
- small bunch fresh herbs - I use oregano, marjoram and parsley
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for around 8-10 minutes or until just tender – drain and rinse under cold water then put to one side to cool ready to use – if making the salad for eating later then let the potatoes cool completely before using.
- Mix the potatoes, tomatoes, cucumber, red onions, feta cheese and black olives together in a large bowl.
- Mix up the vinaigrette dressing – whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, oregano and season with salt and black pepper.
- Toss the dressing together with the salad gently.
- Scatter over the fresh herbs and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 397Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 479mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 7gSugar: 6gProtein: 12g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get more quick and easy meals here
Save our delicious summery Greek Potato salad to Pinterest for later!