Delicious, healthy Greek potato salad recipe with fresh herbs and feta cheese. The perfect summer side dish to go with grilled chicken or fish. Super easy healthy family food!
How to make Greek Potato Salad
This super simple Greek Potato Salad recipe can be thrown together in less than 20 minutes. It’s a great side dish for summer, perfect potluck salad and great with BBQ food or picnics.
Just toss together boiled baby new potatoes, cucumbers, baby plum tomatoes, black olives, sliced red onions, cubed feta cheese and fresh herbs – simply dressed with a homemade vinaigrette dressing. A simple salad that’s fresh and delicious.
Greek Potato Salad Dressing
I dress the Greek potato salad with a freshly whisked up vinaigrette dressing using 2 tbs of olive oil and 1 tbs of white wine vinegar with a pinch of dried oregano, sea salt and black pepper. Simple and delicious.
You could use a tzatziki style dressing if you prefer with Greek yogurt, freshly chopped mint, garlic and lemon.
Greek Potato Salad Recipe
- 1.5 kg Baby new potatoes scrubbed and halved
- 1/4 Red onion thinly sliced
- 2 Handfuls of black olives
- 300 g Baby plum tomatoes halved
- 1 Small cucumber sliced
- 200 g Feta cheese cubed
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- 1 tbs White wine vinegar
- 1/2tsp Dried oregano
- pinch Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 Small bunch of fresh herbs – I use oregano, marjoram and flat leaf parlsey
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for around 8-10 minutes or until just tender – drain and rinse under cold water then put to one side to cool ready to use – if making the salad for eating later then let the potatoes cool completely before using.
- Mix the potatoes, tomatoes, cucumber, red onions, feta cheese and black olives together in a large bowl.
- Mix up the vinaigrette dressing – whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, oregano and season with salt and black pepper.
- Toss the dressing together with the salad gently.
- Scatter over the fresh herbs and serve.
Make Greek Potato Salad Your Way
Mix up your potato salad your way – change up your ingredients to suit your tastes. Try…
- Switch the baby new potatoes for sweet potatoes
- Add in crispy croutons
- Add in shredded lettuce and a twist of lemon
- Add in some grilled chicken slices.
- Switch the salad dressing to one of your favourites