Advertisement Feature Recipe
Delicious freshly made Greek salad platter with seasoned, tender chicken breast and tzatziki dip – you’re just going to LOVE it!
Tasty Chicken Salad Recipe
This is our favourite chicken salad recipe – we just don’t think you can beat the delicious combination of fresh crunchy salad, tender flavoursome chicken with juicy black olives and tangy feta cheese.
It’s real sunshine food, totally mouthwateringly feel good. We also love it’s really easy to make too. Ditch the take-out and throw together an epic salad platter instead.
Greek Chicken Salad Dressing
We dress our Greek salad with a simple salad dressing – just whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, dried oregano and season with sea salt and black pepper.
How to make Greek Chicken Salad
When making Greek salad I tend to do a lot of the preparation ahead of time so that all that’s left to do is sizzle the chicken and dress the salad.
Greek Salad with Chicken
- 2 Large Chicken Breast skinless and boneless
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 knob Butter
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Cucumber sliced
- 250 g Baby Plum Tomatoes halved
- 1/2 Small Red Onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 jar Crespo Greek Style Olives pitted and rinsed
- 150 g Feta Cheese crumbled
- 80 g Bag Salad Leaves choose Italian or Bistro salad
- 1 serving Tzatziki get recipe below
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Cracked Black Pepper
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a frying pan or skillet. Season the chicken breasts with salt, black pepper and 2 tsp of dried oregano and fry until cooked through properly (chicken is cooked when no pink remains, juices run clear and it reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165F) Once cooked set aside to rest a few minutes before slicing.
- Whilst the chicken cooks – mix up your Greek Salad, in a large bowl toss together the cucumber, baby tomatoes, red onion and pitted olives.
- Mix up the salad dressing – whisk the olive oil, red wine vinegar, dried oregano and seasoning.
- Put together your salad platter – scatter the salad leaves over a large plate, tip on the Greek salad vegetables, scatter over the feta cheese, slide on the sliced chicken breast – pour a little of the pan juices over it to keep it moist. Drizzle over the salad dressing and add a side dish of tzatziki dip.
How to make tzatziki dip
Tzatziki dip is a delicious creamy Greek dip – it goes really well with any Greek food and is super easy to make. Just stir together….
- 1/4 cucumber – fluffy middle removed and finely sliced
- 1/2 clove garlic – finely grated
- juice of half a lemon
- 4 tbs thick creamy Greek yogurt
- season with salt and black pepper
- stir through freshly chopped mint, dill, flat leaf parsley or whichever herbs you like.
How to serve Greek Chicken Salad
Our Greek chicken salad is totally delicious served with…
- Greek style fries – Ad feature recipe
- Toasted pitta breads
- Warmed flatbreads
- Couscous salad
How to use up leftover Greek Chicken Salad
If you’ve any leftover salad then….
- Stir it through flavoured couscous and pack for lunch next day.
- Wrap it in a wholegrain wrap for lunch next day.
- Serve stuffed into a toasted pitta bread.
Make Greek Chicken Salad your way
Mix up your Greek salad a little differently – try…
- Switching the feta for mini mozzarella balls.
- Dress the salad with a simple lemon-y pesto dressing.
- Go vegetarian and skip the chicken and add in some roasted vegetables – try sweet potatoes, peppers or mushrooms or courgettes.
More easy olive recipes to try
Disclosure – advertisement feature recipe for Crespo – For full details of my disclosure policy please read here.