Toast with delicious spinach flecked green eggs topped with freshly made Mexican style roast tomato salsa. This recipe is totally perfect for either breakfast or a light lunch.
Green eggs take just a couple of minutes to throw together and the spinach and homemade salsa topping all count towards your five a day. Nutritious and delicious. I prefer this on sourdough or thick white toast but feel free to serve it on wholegrain toast or even wrap the lot in a soft flour tortilla, whatever suits you.
Quick and easy. Ideal for breakfast, brunch or lunch.
- 1 slice of bread
- 2 eggs
- dash of milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- large handful of spinach - roughly chopped
- 2 tbs of tomato salsa (homemade or shop bought)
- Lightly toast your bread and put on a plate.
- Quickly beat the eggs wit just a dash of milk.
- Warm a tsp of oil in a saucepan and tip in the eggs, stir, just as they start to set, throw in the spinach and stir until the scrambled eggs are cooked.
- Tip the eggs onto the toast and top with a couple of tablespoons of tomato salsa.
You can grab the homemade roast tomato salsa recipe right here.
Make it your way…
- fancy some meat, add a few slices of chorizo to the mix
- want more veggies – top with a sliced avocado
Love your leftovers…
- any leftovers can be wrapped in a soft flour tortilla