I think fresh salsa tastes so much nicer than jarred versions and it’s so easy to make too. I often make a huge jar of salsa to keep in the fridge and use over a few days in different meals. And because it’s jam packed with veggies it counts towards your five-a-day!
Just grab yourself a roasting tin, throw in two large green peppers, six big plump juicy vine tomatoes, a couple of chillies and bang it in the oven for around 30 – 45 minutes until the veggies start to char. Then leave them to cool, deseed the peppers and then pulse in the blender with lime juice and fresh coriander, adding salt to taste.
Delicious zingy salsa that perfect for summer.
- 2 large green peppers
- 6 big juicy vine tomatoes
- 2 chillies (whatever heat level you like)
- handful of chopped coriander
- juice of a lime
- sea salt to taste
- Heat the oven to 200C and place the peppers, chillies and tomatoes into a roasting tin, whole, don't chop anything.
- Put it in the oven to cook for around 30 - 45 minutes until the veggies start to char, then remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Once cool, deseed the peppers then scrape all the veggies into the blender and pulse to a lumpy texture, stir in the lime juice and chopped coriander, adding sea salt to taste.
Make it your way…
- Use any colour peppers you have.
- Go Indian and use lemon juice, fresh coriander and crushed fenugreek seeds to flavour the salsa.
- Throw an aubergine into the mix.
- Totally delicious with cheesy nachos.
- Use to top burritos and fajitas.
- Add a dollop to your burger.
- Drizzle over scrambled eggs on toast.
Get more delicious dips recipes here
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Need some new packed lunch ideas? We’ve lots of delicious recipes here!
Get more picnic ideas here