Deliciously spicy grilled pineapple salsa that goes really well with chicken kebabs or fish. This is a tasty BBQ side dish and is super simple to make.
The juiciness of the pineapple goes perfectly with spicy hot chilli and cooling cucumber, finished with fresh mint and zingy lime.
A zingy fresh and fruity side dish that's perfect for BBQ season
- 1 small pineapple - peeled, cored and sliced into strips
- 1/2 cucumber - sliced into strips
- 1 red chilli - finely chopped
- juice of 1/2 lime
- fresh mint leaves shredded
- Heat the grill (or BBQ) to high and grill the pineapple slices until they're just starting to brown.
- Chop the pineapple into bitesize pieces and allow to cool.
- Mix the pineapple with the cucumber and chilli, squeeze over the lime, scatter in the mint and toss gently to mix all the flavours.
Make it your way…
- Add in some grilled halloumi or crumbled feta cheese.
- Stir through some sliced baby plum tomatoes
- Add in some fresh coriander.
- Use to top chicken fillet burgers.
- Add onto smoky hot dogs.
- Eat alongside Thai spiced prawn kebabs.