You’ll just love this delicious grilled vegetable sandwich with creamy tahini dressing. It’s easy to make, healthy and totally feel good food.
Simply split open the bread roll and load it up with delicious freshly grilled vegetables, drizzle over the creamy tahini sauce and squash on the lid. You can eat this immediately or eat it cold later when the juices have soaked into the bread, either is good.
Make grilled rainbow vegetable sandwich your own way…
- Switch around the vegetables to include any you like, sweet potatoes, fennel, red onions all work well.
- Switch the Greek yogurt for vegan yogurt to make this a vegan sandwich.
- Skip the tahini sauce and melt over cheese instead.
- Switch the bread for any you fancy, ciabatta, pitta or seeded rolls are all delicious.
- Great for lunch.
- 1 small aubergine - sliced
- 1 courgette - sliced
- 1 red pepper - sliced
- 1 carrot - grated
- handful of shredded red cabbage
- 1 tbs tahini
- 1 tbs Greek yogurt
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 bread rolls
- Grill the sliced vegetables for a few minutes on each side.
- Whilst they're grilling, split open the rolls, load on the grated carrots and shredded red cabbage.
- Mix up the tahini sauce - add the tahini, yogurt and lemon to a small bowl and mix well, season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Slide the grilled vegetables onto the sandwich and drizzle over the tahini sauce.
- Squash on the lid and eat
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 543mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 11gSugar: 29gProtein: 9g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get loads of lunch recipes and ideas here
Love sandwiches – get lots more sandwich recipes and ideas here