Super quick halloumi and lentil salad is a work night winner. This warm salad is ready to eat in literally minutes and the only thing it needs is a chunk of crusty bread for mopping up any juices. Oh okay then… maybe a glass of red wine.
When I make this salad I do cheat and use microwavable sachets of Merchant Gourmet Puy Lentils with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Basil, they taste delicious and are ready in just 1 minute. This simple but substantial salad is a fab quick fix meal.
Just take a plate – add a handful or two of rocket (ready washed from a bag is what I use here). Top with a scattering of warmed Puy lentils and finish with several slices of quickly griddled halloumi and a drizzle of olive oil. Done. Super quick and super tasty.
I must admit this isn’t a meal that appeals to the children in fact they won’t touch it but works well as a quick fuss free meal for me and the husband if we are eating late.
Super quick work night meal for two.
- Bag of washed and ready rocket leaves.
- Sachet of Merchant Gourmet Puy Lentils with Sun Dried tomatoes and Basil
- 8 Slices of halloumi
- Olive oil
- Crusty bread to serve
- Add a couple of handfuls of rocket to the plate.
- Microwave the Puy Lentil sachet for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the Puy lentils on top of the rocket leaves.
- Heat a griddle pan to a hot heat - drop the halloumi slices on to sear quickly on each side.
- Slide the halloumi slices on top the lentils.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Make Halloumi & Lentil salad your way
- Throw in some antipasti mushrooms and a handful of olives.
- Add some parma ham or grilled prawns.
How to serve Halloumi & Lentil salad
- Serve with some ciabatta or flatbread.
- Add a side of tomato salad.