If you’re throwing a Halloween party then you’ll be needing a platter of disgustingly good bogey bites aka the best Halloween cakes ever.
This icky recipe is always a big hit with the kids. It’s a great recipe for them to help out with and is super quick and easy. We use salted popcorn for our bogey cakes for the whole ‘authentic’ bogey taste ‘cackle’.
Simply melt the chocolate then use green food colouring gel to colour the chocolate a lovely snot green then stir through the popcorn. Divide into fairy cake cases and leave to set hard in the fridge.
Disgustingly good Halloween party cakes
- 40g salted popcorn
- 200g white chocolate
- small squeeze of green food colouring gel
- Bring a pan of water to the boil. Carefully place a mixing bowl over the top of it, break up the white chocolate and pop it into the mixing bowl. Stir continuously until the chocolate is melted.
- Squeeze in a blob of green food colouring gel or paste and mix well until the chocolate turns a lovely green shade.
- Tip in the popcorn and stir gently to coat.
- Drop spoonfuls of chocolate coated corn into fairy cake cases.
- Put the cakes in the fridge to harden.
Make bogey bites your way
- Snot not your thing? Colour the chocolate bright red and make gruesome blood clot cakes
Note – be sure to use food colouring gel or paste otherwise it will ruin the chocolate.