Get the kids busy in the kitchen and cook up a batch of these simple Halloween ginger’dead’ men, a great way to pass a few hours this half term.
Halloween Gingerbread Men
Cute little ginger'dead' men
- 80g flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 70g butter
- 90g light brown sugar
- 1 small egg - beaten
- 1 tbs syrup
- 1 pack of coloured icing tubes
- We make these using the food processor just for speed. Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger, cinnamon, butter and sugar to the food processor - blitz until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add in the beaten egg and syrup - blitz again until a stiff dough is formed.
- Tip the dough out, let the kids play with it to make it smooth and pliable.
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Wrap in clingfilm and pop in the fridge for around 20 minutes to chill.
- Grease a couple of baking sheets.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out to about 1/2 cm thick.
- Cut out the gingerbread men and place on the greased baking sheets.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Leave the gingerbread men to cool for around 10 minutes on the tray and then slide them off the tray using a spatula and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Once cool decorate with coloured icing.
Make Halloween gingerbread men your way…
- Decorate them with sprinkles and smiles for a non-spooky versions
- Dip them in white chocolate for gingerbread ghosts
How to serve Halloween gingerbread men
- As trick or treat gifts
- Halloween party food