Cook up a batch of warming Halloween Pies with this super easy savoury Halloween recipe the kids can help out with!
Halloween Pies are a super easy Halloween recipe that’s fantastic for dinner.
The kids really enjoy helping out in the kitchen and making the little pastry jack’o’lantern faces.
And best of all you can make this scary pie recipe with any pie filling you like! We use a smoky Mexican chicken stew – but you can fill it with whatever you fancy – even leftovers!
Halloween Pies Ingredients
Our Jack’O’Lantern pies recipe is enough for 6 individual scary pies
- 1/2 batch of Mexican chicken stew – get the recipe here – feel free to use any other stew to fill your pie.
- 320g puff pastry sheet – we use Jus-Rol puff pastry
- 1 egg – beaten
- 6 small pie dishes (or make one big pie)
- Circle pastry cutter – big enough to cut out top for your pie dishes
- Sharp knife
- Pastry brush
How To Make Halloween Pies
These little pies are super easy to make – and kids LOVE to help make the little faces!
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4
- Fill the pie dishes with the pie filling – we use leftover Mexican chicken stew for our pies.
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet and cut out 6 circles – these will be your pie lids.
- Put the lids onto the pies – press around the edges with a fork to seal them.
- Cut out Jack’o’Lantern face features from the leftover pastry – decorate the pie tops.
- Brush to tops of the pies with beaten egg
- Make a little hole in the pastry – this allows steam to escape whilst baking.
- Put the pie dishes onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for approx 30-45 minutes – or until the filling is heated to a minimum of 75C and the pastry tops golden brown and puffy.
Love pie? Get our BEST pie recipes here!
More Tasty Pie Fillings To Try!
You can fill these Halloween pies with any filling you like – try out any of the stews or casseroles below, they’re delicious in a pie!
- Minced Beef And Onion – this classic pie filling is super tasty and really easy to make – you can simmer this up in the slow cooker.
- Spicy BBQ Chicken – a spicy BBQ flavoured chicken stew that’s delicious turned into pie.
- Steak And Guinness – an easy warming pie filling that tastes oh so good! Perfect for filling a scary pie!
- Vegetarian Pie Filling – fancy a veggie pie? Then try filling with vegetarian chilli or a bean casserole.
Get loads more Halloween ideas here
Halloween Recipes You’ll LOVE!
If you love our scary pie recipe then you’ll just LOVE the Halloween recipes below!
- Halloween Burgers – Cook up a total feast with these spookily cute Monster Burgers!
- Halloween Jelly – treat your little ones to some disgustingly good wormy jelly!
- Halloween Gingerbread Men – get kids busy in the kitchen with the icing and creating their own ginger’dead men!