The best ham salad – pile plates up high with loads of salad veggies and strips of ham for a super easy, healthy midweek meal.
How to make ham salad
My best ham salad recipe, it’s really easy, really fast and really yum. You can throw this recipe together in literally minutes.
It makes a tasty, healthy lunch or easy midweek dinner that’s totally loaded with flavour. Just gather all your favourite salad ingredients and add a few tasty extras – like mature Cheddar cheese or spicy pickles.
Totally moreish ham and cheese salad
- Bag salad leaves
- 4 vine tomatoes - sliced
- 1/2 cucumber - sliced
- 250g baby beetroot - sliced into halves
- 2 large carrots - grated
- 340g tin sweetcorn
- 300g smoked ham slices - snipped into strips
- 150g mature cheddar cheese - grated
- 2 heaped tbs mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Get yourself four plates and share out all the salad ingredients between the plates - I like to load mine up - salad leaves, cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, baby beets, sweetcorn, ham then cheese.
- Mix up the mustard mayo - just add the two ingredients together and stir into each other. Drizzle over the salads.
What can I put in a ham salad?
You can load up a ham salad platter with whatever you fancy – try…
- Salad leaves – lettuce, rocket, baby spinach, baby herb leaves, shredded baby kale
- Tomatoes – try baby plum or little yellow tomatoes for added interest
- Salad onions
- Grated cheese
- Pickles, jalapeno, gherkins, olives and capers
- Baby potatoes
Then add a dressing… try
- Spicy mayonnaise
- Creamy Caesar dressing
- Ranch dressing
- Italian dressing
Make Ham Salad your way
- Switch the ham for chicken or turkey.
- Skip the cheddar and mix up a blue cheese mayo instead.
- Add crunch with a scattering of croutons
- Go low fat, skip the cheese and use low fat mayo.
How to serve Ham Salad
- Tasty, easy midweek meal, just add crusty bread rolls.
- Quick lunch recipe.
- Fab in lunch boxes – just pack the mayo separately and add when ready to eat.
- Great for picnics.
More salad recipes for you to try…
- Courgette salad
- Roast vegetable and feta salad
- Greek salad lunch bowl