Advertisement Feature and Review
Hape sent over their new hide and seek periscope toy for the kids to try out. Now I do love Hape toys, they’re really well thought out toys, well made, sturdy, fun and they’re toys that will last.
The Hape periscope is made from sustainable bamboo, it’s light-weight so it’s great for taking out and about on days out or trips to the park. You can use the little wrist strap so that you can carry it around without having to hold it in your hands.
Our seven year old loved playing with the periscope – it’s great for being able to see over hedges, walls and trees and for using to look down holes to see what’s inside. But more importability…. he uses it to spy on his older brother on the top bunk….
I liked it’s dual purpose – it’s great for getting up close to nature and using on day trips, great from a science-y point of view with lights and mirrors, but it also sparks imagination and can be used in role play games… in our house mainly spy games!
What we really liked about the Hape Periscope
- As a parent I loved the multi-function of such a simple toy – with the science, nature and imaginative play aspect – just fab.
- I loved that it’s so well made, sturdy and can easily take a few knocks and bumps without breaking.
- The kids loved being able to spy on each other…
- It’s really easy to use.
- Lightweight and portable.
- This really is a great toy – perfect as a birthday or stocking filler gift.
The Hape Hide & Seek periscope is suitable for children aged 5+ years – priced around £10-12 depending on retailer.
I kind of think all kids should have a set of discovery toys that includes….
- magnifying glass
- bug hunt kit
- notebook and pens
…and I think a periscope is a great addition to this list!
Disclosure – the Hape periscope was sent to me free of charge for the purposes of the review. For full details of my disclosure policy please read here.