Advertisement Feature and Review
Hape sent over their Space City marble run kit for the kids to try out and if there’s one thing my kids love to do it’s put new toys through their paces!
As a mum I know the toys that last the distance in our house are the ones that stimulate interest, the ones that they need to work at, the ones they can really experiment with and of course are fun to use and keep them busy and entertained – these are the kind of toys I think of as having ‘added value’.
Hape STEM toys tend to fit into the ‘added value’ toy category and this makes me happy and the kids happy!
So – let’s start with what’s in the box.
The box is huge and it contains everything you need to make Space City in 7 different versions! It has building blocks, curved marble run pieces, straight marble run pieces, a spiral marble run drop, little marble ramps a bag of marbles and loads of glow up stickers and space-ships that need sticking onto the pieces. It also comes with a step by step picture guide on how to build 7 different space city set ups!
One of the great things about Hape Space City is that it’s super easy to put together – so it’s great for kids to use and build with.
It’s also very robust because it’s made from wood, the blocks won’t break or crack if dropped or knocked over. It’s really a toy that will last and is great for passing down through the family as it’s built really well.
It’s also quite an addictive toy… and once the box is opened it’s not long before older siblings want in on the act too!
The Hape Space City also GLOWS UP IN THE DARK which coming into autumn and winter when evenings are darker much earlier is a great little quirky addition that kids just love!
You can check out just how easy the Hape Space City toy is to play with on our quick video below.
What we LOVE about the Hape Space City
- Well firstly marble run toys are always addictive so it’s a big thumbs up immediately.
- We love that you can build the 7 sets in the booklet or just go out and try things your own way and build your own creations – testing if they work as you go.
- We love that it’s made from wood so it’s robust and won’t break easily.
- We love you can buy compatible kits to add to the Space City
- It’s really bright, really easy to use and inspires kids to want to play with it.
- This really is a great toy – perfect as a birthday or Christmas gift.
The Hape Space City is suitable for children aged 6+ years – priced around £80 depending on retailer.
Disclosure – the Hape Space City was sent to me free of charge for the purposes of the review. For full details of my disclosure policy please read here.