Harissa hummus is a delicious, mouthwatering twist on the classic hummus recipe. It’s ideal for serving as a healthy dip with breadsticks or at BBQs or picnics.
It’s super easy to make, just a couple of ingredients and a few minutes of your time. Easy and delicious, what’s not to like?!
Mouthwateringly good hummus!
- 1 tin chickpeas - drained and rinsed.
- 1/2 clove garlic - finely chopped
- 1 tbs tahini
- juice of half a lemon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4-5 tbs water
- 1 heaped tsp harissa paste
- Add the chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, salt and olive oil into the blender, and blitz, slowly add the water tbs at a time until you have the consistency you like.
- Tip the hummus into a serving bowl, add the harissa paste to the centre of the hummus and swirl into the hummus using the end of a spoon. You can also drizzle over a little more olive oil if you like.
Make hummus your way
- Switch the harissa for pesto or sun dried tomato paste.
- Add a scattering of toasted pine nuts.
- Use beans instead of chick peas.
How to serve harissa hummus
- Delicious as part of a mini mezze for dinner.
- Eat with breadsticks or vegetable batons.
- Serve at picnics or BBQ parties.
Get more delicious dips recipes here
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Love to make homemade hummus? Try out these hummus flavours to add a tasty twist
Get loads of lunch recipes and ideas here
Get more snack recipes here