Harissa hummus is a delicious, mouthwatering twist on the classic hummus recipe. It’s ideal for serving as a healthy dip with breadsticks or at BBQs or picnics.
It’s super easy to make, just a couple of ingredients and a few minutes of your time. Easy and delicious, what’s not to like?!
Mouthwateringly good hummus!
- 1 tin chickpeas - drained and rinsed.
- 1/2 clove garlic - finely chopped
- 1 tbs tahini
- juice of half a lemon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4-5 tbs water
- 1 heaped tsp harissa paste
- Add the chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, salt and olive oil into the blender, and blitz, slowly add the water tbs at a time until you have the consistency you like.
- Tip the hummus into a serving bowl, add the harissa paste to the centre of the hummus and swirl into the hummus using the end of a spoon. You can also drizzle over a little more olive oil if you like.
Make hummus your way
- Switch the harissa for pesto or sun dried tomato paste.
- Add a scattering of toasted pine nuts.
- Use beans instead of chick peas.
How to serve harissa hummus
- Delicious as part of a mini mezze for dinner.
- Eat with breadsticks or vegetable batons.
- Serve at picnics or BBQ parties.