Everyone should Visit Wales. This amazing area of the UK is simply bursting with stunning scenery from sandy beaches and forests to mountains and caves. Wales has it all.
You can take part in brilliant activities from walking and hiking to just taking in the seaside vibe and paddling in the sea on one of the many beautiful beaches to full on adrenalin junkie pastimes like extreme camping or coasteering.
There’s so much to see and do. Relive history and explore one of the many castles or stately homes, run wild in the forests, relax in the countryside or climb a mountain.
When it comes to somewhere to rest your head you’ll find an abundance of camp sites, holiday parks, quaint little B&Bs or for those who like a little more comfort and pampering some beautiful hotels.
I visit Wales a lot as it’s just an hour or so down the motorway from Manchester making North Wales and Snowdonia a great place for day trips. When I’m going for the day with the kids I pack the essentials into my rucksack. I use a Berghaus 30L rucksack which gives me enough room to keep everything I need for the day.
Packing for a day in Wales with the kids
- Thermos of coffee
- Bottles of water
- Lightweight jacket – I love the UNIQLO ultra light down parka as it is so light weight, warm and folds into a tiny carry bag.
- First aid kit and antihistamine medicine
- Baby wipes
- Frisbee/small football
- Note book & pencils
- Anker Astro Mini External Battery (so I can charge my iPhone whilst I’m out and about)
Daisies & Pie top 5 places to visit in Wales
- Betws-y-Coed – fab camping, walking, little shops, cafes and great base.
- Chirk Castle – brilliant family day out
- Conwy Castle – just the best castle ever!
- Dina’s Island – stunning camping, quiet beaches a little forgotten corner.
- Welsh Mountain Zoo – brilliant family day out
The beach at Dinas Island
So. What are you waiting for have you packed for Wales?
In collaboration with Visit Wales – Berghaus rucksack and UNIQLO jacket provided free of charge. For full details of my disclosure policy please read here