Give Southern Fried Chicken and healthy twist with our delicious, crispy oven baked version – super easy to prep and cook – perfect for an easy midweek meal
How to make Southern Fried Chicken healthy
Our Baked Southern Fried Chicken Recipe is totally delicious but without all the fat and the zillion calories! Just by baking the chicken and skipping the frying it makes it an easy healthy meal.
Baked Southern Fried Chicken has just four ingredients and is super simple to make – literally just a few minutes to prepare.
Super tasty oven baked chicken
- 600g chicken breast mini fillets
- 3 eggs - whisked
- 150g panko breadcrumbs
- 2 heaped tsp southern fried seasoning (I use the Morrisons one)
- Salt (if using)
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Mix the panko and southern fried seasoning together in a mixing bowl - season with salt if using.
- Tip the eggs into a shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken strips into the egg, then into the breadcrumb mix then place on a baking tray.
- Bake for around 25-30 minutes - turning half way. Check the chicken is properly cooked by inserting knife and making sure it's piping hot and no pink remains.
Make Baked Chicken your way
- switch the chicken breast for chicken mini fillets if you prefer
- switch the southern fried seasoning for smoked paprika or curry powder.
- switch the panko for wholemeal breadcrumbs
What goes with Southern Fried Chicken
There’s loads of yummy stuff you can serve up with Southern Fried Chicken… try…
- Homemade sweet potato wedges
- Serve with spicy fries and dip
- Wrap in flour tortillas with salad and salsa.
- Add a big fresh salad – try our crunchy rainbow salad
More chicken recipes for you to try…
More Chicken Mini Fillets Recipes to make
- Sticky Moroccan Chicken with Herby Couscous
- Slow Cooker Peri Peri Chicken Stew
- Moroccan Chicken Strips with Yogurt Dip