Super healthy fish taco recipe loaded with fresh vegetables – an easy, healthy family dinner that’s perfect for Friday nights!
How to make healthy fish tacos
Our fish taco recipe is super easy – we baste the hake fillets in chipotle paste, wrap in foil and bake in the oven for around 20 minutes until cooked through.
Whilst they bake we mix up a fresh zingy salsa. Then all that’s left to do is warm the tortillas, flake in the fish and load on the healthy salsa. Yum!
Healthy Fish Taco Recipe
- 600 g Hake Fillets
- 2 tsp Chipotle Paste
- 1/2 Small Red Cabbage shredded
- 1 Little Gem Lettuce shredded
- 8 Radishes finely sliced
- 1 Small Tin Sweetcorn
- 4 Vine Tomatoes deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 Juice of Lime
- 1 Small Onion finely chopped
- 1 Bunch Coriander roughly chopped
- 8 Mini Wraps
- Heat the oven to 190C
- Rub Hake fillets with chipotle paste - loosly wrap in foil parcel sealing all the edges. Put foil parcel onto baking tray and bake in the oven for around 18-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Whilst the fish cooks - make the salsa - mix the tomatoes, corn and onion with half the lime juice, the coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once hake is cooked - flake into bitesized pieces.
- Load up tacos with lettuce, shredded cabbage and radish, add the hake, top with the fresh salsa and eat immediately.
Make fish tacos your way…
- Swap the chipotle paste for fajita seasoning or just sprinkle over smoked paprika, ground cumin and a squeeze of lime
- Grill the fish fillets instead of baking.
- Add in fresh guacamole – grab the recipe here.
Easy fish taco topping ideas
- Easy fish taco slaw
- Fresh guacamole
- Roast tomato salsa
- Shredded cheese
- Chilli sauce
- Soured cream with sprinkling of paprika
- Squeeze of lime and handful of fresh herbs