Healthy oven baked Cajun chicken thighs are super simple to make and really versatile as to how you serve them up. They even taste good cold next day.
This is a recipe kids just love and it’s quick enough to make for midweek dinner, making it a definite winner.
Really easy baked chicken
- 1.2kg chicken thighs (skin on and bone in)
- 2-3 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Pinch of salt
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Slash the skin on the chicken thighs and scatter over the seasoning. If you like things spicier add some more seasoning.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Bake in the oven for around 40-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and no pink remains - when inserting a knife juices should run clear.
Make Baked Cajun Chicken your way
- Use drumsticks in place of thighs.
- Go spicer and add a pinch of chilli flakes to the Cajun seasoning.
- Go Indian and use curry powder and cumin instead of Cajun seasoning.
How to serve Baked Cajun Chicken
- Delicious with a pile of creamy cheesy mashed potatoes and a side of peas and sweetcorn or baked beans as an easy family dinner.
- Serve with salad and rice mixed with sweetcorn and beans.