Treat the ones you love to a super sweet (and super easy) Valentine’s Day breakfast with our gorgeous mini heart pancakes, served with maple syrup dip and lemon wedges.
Super sweet Valentine's Day breakfast
- 140g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 140ml milk
- butter to fry
- maple syrup and lemon wedges to serve
- Mix up the pancake batter - add the flour and baking powder to a mixing bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Break in the egg and pour in around a 1/3 of the milk - stir slowly taking a little of the flour into the mix each time until you have a smooth thick batter - then slowly add the remainder of the milk until it’s all used up and the batter is smooth.
- Melt a knob of butter in a frying pan, when it’s sizzling hot pour in enough pancake batter to cover the base of the pan and leave the pan still until bubbles come to the surface, then flip the pancake and brown on the other side.
- Slide the pancake from the pan onto a chopping board - then using a heart shaped cookie cutter - cut hearts of pancake out.
- Put the pancake hearts onto a plate along with a pot of maple syrup for dipping and lemon wedges on the side.
Make heart pancakes your own way…
- Switch the hearts for stars
- Switch the maple syrup for golden syrup or Nutella
- Throw on some strawberries or blueberries
How to serve heart pancakes
- Perfect for Valentine’s Day breakfast in bed.
PS… we think you might also just LOVE our Sourdough Toast with Cream Cheese & Figs