A super cute hedgehog craft for kids to make with autumn leaves
Kids will just adore making this super cute hedgehog craft using fallen autumn leaves. It’s easy enough for preschool kids and perfect for fitting into the whole autumn nature theme.
You’ll just need a handful of things to make our hedgehog craft so it’s inexpensive as well as fun.
Hedgehog Craft – what you need
- Fallen autumn leaves – choose smaller ones if you can.
- Glue brush
- Black felt tip pen
- Buttons for noses
Hedgehog Craft Instructions
1. Draw the hedgehog template
Just draw a rough hedgehog template onto the cardboard squares using the black felt tip pen.
2. Cut out the hedgehog templates
Cut around the black outline of your hedgehog templates using scissors – smaller children may need a hand with this as the cardboard can be tricky to cut.
3. Decorate your hedgehog
- Stick the autumn leaves onto the body using glue – try to arrange them in a prickly pattern to resemble the hedgehog spikes.
- Draw on a little black eye using the felt tip pen.
- Stick on a button nose with glue.
4. Turn your hedgehogs into pop up puppets
Simply stick a lollipop stick to the back of the hedgehog then you can use them as puppets or to decorate plants.
More hedgehog activities for kids
- Read the book Percy the Park Keeper the Hedgehogs Balloon – it goes perfectly with this craft and it’s such a lovely story.
- Go out on a nature walk, see if you can spot any sign of hedgehogs
- Grab the hedgehog colouring sheet from Woodland Trust
- Create a hedgehog cafe in the garden – get the instructions from RSPB Give Nature a Home
- Bake Hedgehog Bread Rolls – get the recipe from Rainy Day Mum