Herby diced potatoes recipe – totally delicious meal idea for the family! These taste amazing alongside roast chicken and salad. Or as a tasty side dish with vegetarian quesadillas!
Mmmmm is there anything better than herby diced potatoes with sour cream dip? These crispy little potatoes are super easy to make and oh so good to eat!
My kids just LOVE them, they’d literally eat them alongside EVERYTHING!
Okay so to make the herby diced potatoes – it’s just SO easy!
How to make herby diced potatoes
- Simply peel and dice the potatoes – you can leave the skins on and just scrub them if you prefer, my kids hate the skins so I peel, but just do what suits you.
- Tip the potatoes in a large mixing bowl and drizzle them with olive oil.
- Sprinkle on the mixed Italian herbs and paprika.
- Season well with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Then get your hands into the bowl and toss everything together to coat all the potatoes in the oil and herbs.
- Then tip onto a non-stick baking tray and cook in the oven for around 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender in the middle and crisping up nicely on the outside.
The herby diced potatoes are super tasty eaten just plain and obviously pack less calories without the sour cream dressing…. but sour cream dressing is just so good, isn’t it?
…… so I do tend to load them up with soured cream dip and scatter over a handful of freshly chopped spring onions and chopped herbs – I usually use coriander, flat leaf parsley or chives, whatever is growing in the garden.
What to eat with herby diced potatoes?
Our delicious potato side dish is perfect with any of the following…
- Roast chicken
- Grilled herby salmon
- As a BBQ side dish with burgers, hotdogs or steak
- With vegetarian quiche or a slice of summery pie
Make herby diced potatoes your way
We’ve given you a simple, basic recipe but you don’t need to stick to our way – feel free to mix things up yourself and try out different flavours, try….
- Adding a hit of spice with a pinch of chilli flakes.
- Go for a smoky flavour and use smoked paprika
- Try out different seasoning mixes – try fajita seasoning, cajun seasoning or even peri peri seasoning mix.
- Try loading them up with grated cheese, guacamole and fresh tomato salsa instead of our soured cream dip version.
More easy potato side dish recipes to make
- Greek Potato Salad – a delicious summery potato salad made with tender new potatoes tossed together with flavoursome Greek salad ingredients like crisp cucumber, juicy baby tomatoes, tangy feta cheese and red onions.
- Best Potato Wedges – super easy potato wedges that turn out perfect every time!
- Loaded Skins – mouthwateringly delicious! These loaded crispy skins are piled with cheese and bacon – perfect game day snack.
Save our herby diced potatoes on Pinterest for later
- 1.5kg Maris Piper potatoes
- 2-3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian mixed herbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch sea salt
- pinch cracked black pepper
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Peel the potatoes and cut into biteized pieces
- Tip the potatoes into a large bowl.
- Drizzle over the olive oil, sprinkle over the mixed herbs and paprika - season with salt and black pepper.
- Mix everything together well with your hands - make sure all the potatoes are coated in oil.
- Tip the potatoes onto a non stick baking tray and cook in the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender in the middle and crisping up on the outside.
- Give the potatoes a toss on the tray midway through cooking.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 530Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 72mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 9gSugar: 5gProtein: 10g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.