Herby omelettes are one of my favourite go-to lunch recipes. Easy to prepare, super quick to cook and just three ingredients, perfect for those times when you’re just grabbing lunch at home alone, so want something low fuss but still healthy and flavoursome.
A herby omelette will be cooked and ready to eat in just a few minutes. I just can’t resist those soft folds of herb flecked eggs cooked in butter. I serve alongside just some simple rocket leaves and a bowl of blueberries and yogurt to pack in some extra goodness.
Healthy, super quick lunch for one.
- 2 large eggs
- handful of fresh herbs chopped - any you like, I used flat leaf parsley, coriander and basil
- small knob of butter
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan over a medium heat.
- Whisk the eggs together gently in a cup, stir in the fresh herbs.
- Tip the egg mixture into the frying pan and gently push it in from the sides using a spatula and let the raw egg mix run into the space left. Keep doing this until all the egg is set.
- Tip onto your plate and enjoy
Make it your way…
- Add a touch of luxury to your omelette and snip in some smoked salmon.
- Scatter over some nice cheese just before you fold the omelette onto your plate.
Love your leftovers…
- If leftover omelette ever happens, which is rare, I like to stuff it into a ciabatta roll with salad.