A home work space has jumped right up our list of priorities. With both of us now working based from home and that home being small, it’s the right time to set aside a dedicated area which incorporates everything we need but without taking up too much space!
The one under-used space in our house is the conservatory. This room seems to have morphed into the space we ‘just put things in’ over the years it’s been a dining room, playroom and a lounge but it’s never really felt ‘right’. So it makes sense to try to use it as a work space… right?
Here’s the ‘before’ photos.
So… what’s this room got?
- clutter & toys
- some pieces of furniture we can use in an office space
- fab light
- too cold in the winter/too hot in the summer
- good neutral flooring
- nice shade of grey on the walls
- totally under-utilised and waiting for a defined function.
And… what do I want it to have?
- a desk
- office storage – cupboards, draws, storage boxes
- desk accessories – I’m thinking Muji
- fairy lights
- plants – I’m thinking grow chillies in here
- some way of integrating child’s play with work
- a bird table just outside the window
- beanbag – I think better on a beanbag
- re-use items from around the house to keep overall costs down
Naturally I’ve started pinning like crazy on my Home Office Pinterest Board.
And so the project is underway.