This is a complete treat of a meal – Our delicious simple beef burgers topped with Jarlsberg cheese, onions gently cooked in Peroni, ketchup and crispy pancetta all served with a side order of smoked paprika wedges and anchovy mayonnaise. An absolute feast!
A total burger feast - homemade beef patties topped with crispy pancetta, jarlsberg cheese, peroni onions and served with smoked paprika potato wedges and a spoonful of anchovy mayonnaise.
- 400g beef mince
- 4 burger rolls
- 8 slices of pancetta
- pack of Jarlsberg cheese (sliced)
- little gem lettuce
- tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 8 medium sized potatoes (Desiree make good wedges)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 8-10 marinated anchovies from the deli counter
- 8 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 bottle of Peroni
- 1 large onion
- olive oil, salt & pepper
- For the burgers -
- Place the mince in a mixing bowl.
- Throw in a good pinch of salt and black pepper to taste.
- Mix the seasoning into your mince using your hands.
- Split the mince into 4 equal portions and roll into balls using your hands.
- Place the mince balls onto a large sheet of cling film and place another sheet on top, using a rolling pin roll the burgers to the desired thickness.
- Place in the fridge until later.
- For the wedges -
- Wash the potatoes and cut in half length ways, then cut each half into 4 chunky wedges.
- Put them into a roasting tin and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika and season with salt and pepper - toss using hands to coat.
- Place into the oven and then turn the oven onto 200C
- These will take approximately 30 - 45 minutes to cook (depending on size) whilst cooking put together and cook the rest of the recipe
- For the anchovy mayonnaise
- Chop the anchovies into small pieces and mix with the mayonnaise and divide into four small dishes or just dollop onto the serving plates.
- For the Peroni onions -
- Peel and finny slice the onion
- warm a small drizzle of olive oil in a pan and cook the onions on a low-medium heat until softened
- turn up the heat and add the sugar and 100ml of Peroni - cook until the liquid has evaporated - keep warm
- For the burgers -
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan - small drizzle of olive oil and cook the burgers over a medium heat until cooked through (this will depend on the thickness but approximately 10 - 15 minutes)
- Once cooked place them onto kitchen paper to soak any excess fat.
- Quickly put the pancetta slices into the pan you cooked the burgers in and cook until golden and crispy
To serve- Slice open bread rolls, add a few leaves of little gem lettuce, next the burger, then the Peroni onions, then the Jarlesberg cheese, top with crispy pancetta and a large dollop of tomato ketchup. Serve alongside a portion of smoky wedges and dollop of anchovy mayonnaise. A serving of jalapeño slaw makes a great addition to this meal.
Hope you really enjoy these burgers they are amazing! Real family food.