Quick and easy homemade Chinese style salt and pepper chips. Perfect for when you just NEED them… These are so easy to make and so delicious to eat, I can see a little habit developing here.
AT LAST! Chinese style salt and pepper chips at home.
- 500g frozen oven chips - I use the McCain French Fries for this recipe.
- 1 tsp Szechuan pepper
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 spring onions - finely chopped
- 1 chilli - finely sliced
- small bunch of coriander - roughly chopped.
- Heat the oven to 230C.
- Spread the fries in a single layer on a baking tray.
- Grind the Szechuan pepper, five spice powder and sea salt with a pestle and mortar.
- Sprinkle the spice mix and half the spring onions over the fries and toss the fries with your fingers to coat everything - then spread them back in a single layer.
- Cook in the oven for 14-16 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the rest of the spring onions, the chopped chilli and the chopped coriander.
Make Chinese style salt and pepper chips your way
- Don’t fancy Chinese style? Then opt for smoky spicy fries – grab the recipe here.
- Make them even spicier – use a hot chilli and sprinkle more on.
How to serve Chinese style salt and pepper chips
- Delicious alongside our sweet chilli chicken wrap.
- Perfect with kebabs and salad.
- Fab for a quick and tasty weeknight dinner.