Homemade vanilla lip scrub that’s totally natural, smells delicious and is perfect for getting rid of dry, cold weather damaged skin from your lips.
One of the totally lovely things about having a teenage daughter is that she’s just discovering that she loves to mix up her own natural beauty lotions and potions in the kitchen and is always working on something or other. It totally takes me back to being a teenager and so it’s a fun way to spend time together.
This homemade vanilla sugar lip scrub is one of her latest natural beauty makes, and it’s delicious!
Ingredients for vanilla sugar lip scrub
- 3 heaped tsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- tip of tsp of vanilla seeds
- small jar with a lid to keep it in
How to make vanilla sugar lip scrub
- Firstly sterilise your jar, wash it in very hot soapy water, then rinse well and leave to soak in boiling water for around 30 minutes.
- Next take a small bowl and add the brown sugar, we like to use brown sugar as it’s much softer than refined sugar so it’s much more gentle on your lips.
- Add the vanilla seeds and olive oil and mix until you have a nice consistency where the sugar is ‘only just’ coated in olive oil.
- Tip into the little jar. We keep this in the fridge for around a week.
How to use the lip scrub
Just gently rub onto clean lips, massaging gently around the edges where skin tends to get easily chapped. Then rinse away with a splash of clean water, to remove the scrub and any dry skin. We finish up with a quick slick of lip balm for added cold weather lip protection.