Advertisement Feature and Review
Say hello to our decadent little hot chocolate shots with rum and orange. These sweet little drinks are loaded with chocolate, spiked with Dead Man’s Fingers rum with a punch of spicy orange bitters from Bitter Union.
We think these make a great little night-cap at the end of a summer party or when camping before you head off for a night under canvas.
Spicy orange and rum hot chocolate deliciousness!
- 2 tsp hot chocolate drink powder
- 180ml hot milk
- 50ml Dead Man's Finger Rum
- 2-3 drops of Spicy Orange Bitters from Bitter Union
- Chocolate for grating over top of drink - optional
- Warm the milk.
- Add a tsp of hot chocolate powder to the espresso cups.
- Mix in the hot milk and stir well.
- Add 25ml of rum to each cup and a couple of drops of spicy orange bitters.
- Stir gently then grate over some chocolate sprinkles.
We think you’ll really like the Dead Man’s Fingers rum – it’s create by the owners of The Rum & Crab Shack in Cornwall this small batch rum is a smooth, warm, gently spiced rum with sweet flavours of saffron, orange, cinnamon and nutmeg coming through. It’s the perfect rum for our hot chocolate shots and we think it’ll definitely warm ya cockles. Available online from 31Dover.com priced at a very reasonable £22.95.
How to serve hot chocolate shots
- We think these are nicest around the campfire, stargazing, making memories and listening to stories of old.
The Dead Man’s Fingers Rum and Bitter Union were provided free of charge from 31Dover for the review – for full details of my disclosure policy read here