The simple way to clean a kitchen sink – keeping it sparkling and thoroughly clean in just a couple of minutes a day! Easy cleaning tips that work!
How to clean the kitchen sink
Keeping your stainless steel kitchen sink clean and shiny needn’t be a big effort – just a couple of minutes a day will keep it fresh and clean.
Clean the kitchen sink after each use
After every use – quickly wipe with a cloth with washing up liquid on and rinse thoroughly.
How to clean the kitchen sink daily
- At the end of the day – clear everything from the sink – washing up bowl, cutlery drainer, plate drainer.
- Squirt a little washing up liquid into the sink and on the draining board.
- Give the sink and taps a wipe – if there are any stubborn marks sprinkle a little baking soda onto them and rub gently.
- Use and old toothbrush to scrub the plug holes and around the base of the tap.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Wipe and polish dry with a soft cloth.
- Pour boiling water down the plug holes to clean out and rinse away any gunk.
How to clean the kitchen sink weekly
- Tip a cup of soda crystals down the plug holes.
- Add a cup of vinegar and allow it to fizz for a good 10 – 15 minutes.
- Rinse away with boiling water.
How to clean the kitchen sink after prepping raw meat, fish or chicken or if it’s really dirty…
- Always clean down sinks and surfaces with antibacterial cleaner or bleach spray.
Get the printable How to Clean a Kitchen Sink Checklist.
You might also just LOVE our easy housework routine here