How to clean bath toys – the best way to keep them mould free and squeaky clean – cleaning tips that really work!
How To Clean Kids Bath Toys
You’d think that bobbing up and down in a bath of soapy water most nights of the week would be enough to keep bath toys clean….. Wrong!
After just a few weeks of use your child’s bath toys can quickly get covered in yucky black mould and mildew.
Ask yourself… do you really want that in the bath with the kids?
This type of black yuck is a breeding ground for bacteria as well as looking disgusting!
As with most things it’s easier to manage if you keep on top of things. Clean bath toys regularly from the beginning rather than letting them get yucky.
Follow our simple cleaning tips below on how to keep kids bath toys clean, fresh and nice for your kids to play with.
Want a really clean bathroom? Get our best bathroom cleaning tips here.
How To Clean Children’s Bath Toys
How To Clean Bath Toys After Each Use
- After each use – squeeze excess water out of squirty toys.
- Leave all the bath toys to dry on a clean towel – once dry store them away until next bath time.
Weekly Cleaning Routine For Kids Water Toys
- Soak them once a week – Just place the toys in a sink of hot soapy water with a couple of cups of white vinegar added.
- With squirty toys make sure you suck up some of the soapy vinegar solution inside the toy – Then simply squeeze out a few times to really clean the inside of the toy too.
How To Clean Mould Of Kids Bath Toys
If you’ve not been cleaning the kids bath toys regularly and they’ve got mould and mildew build up on them – follow these tips for cleaning them properly.
Get More How To Clean Tips Here
Note – this method is not suitable for squirty toys or toys you cannot rinse easily.
- Fill a sink with hot water add the correct quantity of Milton as per the bottle instructions.
- Soak all the toys in the cleaning solution for at least an hour. Then rinse and run a fresh sink of hot water and add a squirt of washing up liquid into the water.
- Use an old toothbrush to scrub off any remaining mould patches.
- Rinse very well to remove all the cleaning solution and dislodged mould.
- Leave the toys to air dry before putting them away ready for bath time.
Get more home and garden tips here
For a clean and tidy home get our BEST cleaning tips here
Important safety information! – don’t use a bleach solution to wash squirty toys as it’s difficult to rinse fully out of the inside of the toys and would then pose a danger to your child. If squirty toys don’t come clean with a vinegar and soap solution then they need discarding.
More Easy Bathroom Cleaning Tips To Try
- How to get bathroom tiles super shiny – the easiest way to clean bathroom tiles and get a super shiny finish with no streaks or water marks.
- How to spring clean the bathroom – give your bathroom a top to bottom spring clean and really freshen it up.
- How to clean the shower head – it’s easy to overlook cleaning the shower head – but it really does benefit from a good clean, regularly to keep it running freely and to stop any build up of dirt or mildew.
- How to clean bathroom tiles – find out the best way to clean your tiles, whatever they’re made of
You might also just LOVE our Spring Cleaning Checklists!