Hair brushes get dirty, they become tangled with hair and clogged with styling products as well as picking up dead skin cells and natural oils from your hair and scalp. Over time, just like make-up brushes they become a breeding ground for bacteria.
Keeping hair brushes and combs clean is easy and only takes a couple of minutes to do. And a clean, fresh hair brush makes it easier to get your hair looking good.
Weekly hair brush cleaning
- Remove and bin all tangled hair from the bristles.
Get More How To Clean Tips Here
Monthly hair brush cleaning
- Remove all tangled hair from the bristles.
- Soak the hair brush in a sink of warm water.
- Add a squirt of shampoo to the bristles and gently clean and work between them with your fingers.
- Rinse the brush well under running water.
- Soak the hair brush in a sink of warm water with a couple of drops of tea tree oil. Tea tree has natural antibacterial properties as well as smelling fresh and clean.
- Rinse the hair brush under running water.
- Allow to air dry or if you’re in a hurry dry it with the hair dryer.
If you use paddle hair brushes, don’t soak them just run them under water using shampoo for a quick scrub and then rinse, if soaked they’ll become filled with water which is difficult to get out.
This cleaning method isn’t suitable for wooden hair brushes it’ll spoil the wood.
Love a clean bathroom? Get our best bathroom cleaning tips right here!
For a clean and tidy home get our BEST cleaning tips here
Get more home and garden tips here