It’s really important to keep make up brushes clean, after all you’re wiping them all around your face so they pick up dirt, dead skin cells and natural oils, add that to the make up and they’ll quickly become a breeding ground for bacteria.
I wash make up brushes once a week but if you use a lot of make up or suffer from acne and spot breakouts you might want to wash them more frequently.
Weekly make up brush cleaning
- Rinse the bristles under just-warm running water to remove as much of the make up as you can. Don’t get the whole brush wet and avoid getting water on the part of the brush where the bristles join the handle.
- Next dot a tiny squirt of baby shampoo onto the palm of your hand and gently work up a foam on the bristles, again avoiding the join.
- Then simply rinse under just-warm running water to remove all the soap.
- Gently squeeze out any excess water by pressing the bristles between your fingers.
- Next gently stroke down the brush with good quality kitchen paper so no scraps of paper come off into the brush.
- Then leave on a towel to air dry.
Love a clean bathroom? Get our best bathroom cleaning tips right here!
For a clean and tidy home get our BEST cleaning tips here
Get more home and garden tips here