Cleaning the microwave is really quick and simple. Even if you’ve neglected the job for a few weeks it won’t take long to have it back clean, smelling fresh and looking shiny with very little effort.
What you need to clean the microwave using lemons
- A microwavable bowl or jug
- Cold water
- Juice of a lemon or 1/2 cup of white vinegar
- Soft cloth
How to clean the microwave using lemons
- Fill the bowl to half way with cold water
- Squeeze in the juice of a lemon or add 1/2 cup of vinegar
- Put the bowl into the microwave and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Once the 3 minutes is up don’t open the door just leave it closed for around 10 minutes so that the microwave gets all steamed up. The lemon/vinegar will help to loosen any greasy cooked on food.
- After 10 minutes open the microwave door, remove the bowl of water carefully as it will still be quite hot. Then remove the turning plate and wipe out all the dirt from the microwave with the soft cloth. Wipe dry with a dry soft tea towel. Wash the turning plate in soapy water and return to the microwave.
- I clean the outside of the microwave using a microfibre cloth and the stainless steel cleaning method.
- It’s a good idea to do this once a week as part of an easy housework routine.