Cleaning the shower head is super easy – you can do it using natural products and it keeps your shower spraying properly. Get the cleaning tips here now!
The shower head is often overlooked when cleaning the bathroom. Over time it can clog and the water spray become slow and uneven.
Regular cleaning of the shower head can stop this happening and keep your shower sparkling clean and spaying properly.
You don’t need harsh chemicals to do this cleaning job just white vinegar.
How to clean the shower head with white vinegar
Cleaning the shower head – step 1 – Get the right equipment.
- Bottle of white vinegar
- Dishwashing soap
- Old toothbrush
- Jug or old plastic container big enough to fit the shower head in.
- Plastic sandwich bag and elastic band (if shower head isn’t removable)
- Pin or needle
- Soft cloth
Cleaning the shower head – step 2: Get the job done.
- Remove shower head from the holder and place into container and pour in enough vinegar to cover shower head completely. You can warm the vinegar for quicker results.
- Leave shower head to soak for a few hours.
- Remove shower head and squirt dishwashing soap onto it.
- Scrub the shower head using the toothbrush to remove the gunk.
- If any of the holes are still blocked – gently poke them open using the pin.
- Rinse well.
Cleaning the shower head – step 3: Put things back.
- Return shower head to holder and blast through some hot water to clear out all the vinegar residue.
- Polish dry with the soft cloth.
Shower cleaning tips
If shower head isn’t removable fill a plastic sandwich bag with vinegar and fasten over the shower head securing with elastic band. Then just follow the rest of the instructions.
Get the printable Shower Head Cleaning Checklist
Note: vinegar isn’t suitable for all bathroom shower head finishes, you should always follow manufacturer’s instructions – you should do a patch test if you are concerned that it may cause staining or marks. This method won’t remove black mould marks from rubber shower heads – they will need replacing.
More bathroom cleaning tips for you to try…
- Bathroom cleaning kit essentials
- How to clean the bathroom in 5 minutes
- How to clean black mould of sealant
Hit subscribe below for daily home and food inspiration!