If you’re throwing a party at home chances are you’re going to be left with a whole lot of mess to clean up. Here’s our top tips for getting the job done quickly and easily without too much drama.
Think About Reducing The Mess Before The Party
- If it’s a casual party, then get in a good supply of disposable tableware – plates, dishes, cutlery and cups/glasses.
- Get a clean up pack sorted before the day of the party – be sure to get in plenty of paper kitchen roll to deal with spills, red wine stain remover, antibacterial surface spray, bleach and black bin bags.
More general cleaning tips here
Reducing The Mess During The Party
- You don’t want to spend the party cleaning up after your guests, however with spills like red wine it’s best dealt with quickly to avoid ruining carpets and furnishings.
Get More How To Clean Tips Here
How To Clean Up After The Party
- Try to do the majority of the cleaning up as soon as the party has finished – it’ll feel so much better getting up the next day if you’ve not got a tip of a house to clean up.
- Open the windows and get some fresh air circulating as you clean.
- Check for spills and clean them up straight away.
- Refrigerate any saveable food – but keep in mind how long it’s been sat around and whether it can be safely stored and eaten the day after.
- Throw away any unwanted food.
For a clean and tidy home get our BEST cleaning tips here
- Collect up bottles, glasses and plates – get the dishwasher loaded and switched on. Throw bottles and disposable tableware into the relevant recycling bin.
- Go through the house with a black bag and throw away any disposable rubbish.
Get more home and garden tips here
- Clean kitchen surfaces and sink with antibacterial cleaner.
- Give the bathrooms and toilets a quick clean – use antibacterial surface spray and bleach for this job.
- Next morning – give surfaces a polish and run the vacuum over.