The easy way to get super shiny, streak free tiles.
Nothing makes a bathroom look grubby and dirty more than cloudy, streaky tiles. Streaky tiles can really ruin the look of the whole bathroom.
Getting your tiles to look super shiny and streak free is actually really, really easy and you don’t need a whole lot of special products to clean them either!
In fact… you’ll just need hot water, washing up liquid and a couple of cloths – one for cleaning and one for drying and buffing.
It’s so easy and honestly the best way to get tiles looking shiny. This is the method I use for cleaning tiles in both the bathroom and the kitchen and it works really well in both rooms.
Washing up liquid is good for cutting through grease, so it’s great for cleaning tiles in the kitchen that can get a build up of grease and grime.
The thing with washing up liquid I always think is… if it’s good enough to clean the plates and glasses I eat and drink from then it’s got to be good enough to clean tiles with.
What you need to clean tiles properly
- Washing Up Liquid – I usually use Ecover – the lemon and aloe scented one.
- Hot water (not so hot you can’t put your hands in it)
- Soft cloth for cleaning – I use a microfibre cloth – it just clings onto dirt and grease better.
- Soft cotton cloth for buffing a drying – I usually use an old tea towel, they’re absorbent and buff the tiles really well.
How to get your tiles shiny and streak free
- First, run a bucket of hot water – add a good squirt of washing up liquid and swirl the water to make a few bubbles.
- Soak the microfibre cleaning cloth in the hot soapy water and then wash down the tiles – rubbing any particularly grubby bits to shift the dirt or grease.
- Dry the tiles and buff with the soft cloth to shine them up and remove any streaks easily.
How often should I clean tiles?
I tend to wipe tiles down in the kitchen and bathroom at least once a week, it keeps them fresh and clean and stops any build up of grime or mildew especially on the grout.
More easy cleaning tips to try at home
- How to make your house smell really good – simple ways to make your house smell absolutely lovely, fresh and great to be in.
- Homemade natural glass cleaner – a simple recipe for homemade glass cleaner that cleans mirrors easily, leaving them streak free.
- How to instantly declutter – how to instantly declutter your home in just one hour – top tips to deal with the clutter fast!
Getting into a good housework routine may seem a little DULL but… it works really well for me – once I get into a good routine, life is smoother, things take me less time to do and the house stays looking and feeling clean and great to be in.