We’ll show you how to make a cheese board for autumn. Throw together a delicious selection of cheeses, charcuterie and seasonal fruits, vegetables and nuts that are just perfect for autumn.
Autumn is the most perfect time for putting together a cheeseboard. Not only do you get the star of the show CHEESE.
But… you get so many lovely seasonal autumnal fruits and veggies, that just make the cheeseboard look beautiful and taste so delicious.
I’ve started a new little family tradition (because we didn’t really have any traditions… and I thought it was about time we got us some!)
So first Saturday of the month now is cheese board dinner. Easy, laid back and oh so tasty.
The main thing to remember when putting together a cheese board is to just fill it with stuff you LOVE, there’s no rules, just collect together the things you find totally delicious to eat.
How To Make A Cheese Board
If you fancy throwing together my autumn cheese board, here’s what you’ll be needing.
- Cornish Yarg Cheese – a gorgeous semi-hard cheese, covered in nettles made from Cornish milk.
- Camembert Cheese – a delicious smooth creamy cheese that’s just delicious spread one bread or crackers with a tiny drizzle of honey.
- Herby Roule Cheese – a creamy soft cheese flavoured with garlic and herbs.
- Parma Ham – a sweet tasting dry-cured meat that goes so well on a charcuterie board.
- Chorizo or Salami – slices of this smoky meat are delicious in amongst the cheeses and fruits.
- Smoked Nuts – super tasty applewood smoked nuts with sea salt.
- Selection of bread and crackers – I like to add a few different types and textures from Poppy Seed Cheese Twists, Olive Breadsticks, Rosemary Bread and gorgeous Charcoal Crackers from Peter’s Yard.
- Olives – choose a pot of marinated olives, rosemary olives work well with autumn cheese boards.
- Blackberries and Figs – scatter blackberries and quartered figs around your cheese board.
- Vine Tomatoes – juicy vine tomatoes sprinkled with sea salt and cracked black pepper with just a drizzle of olive oil work really well on an autumn cheese board.
- Sliced Pears – the sweetness of pears is sumptuous with cheese and charcuterie.
- Small Jar of Chutney – I like a caramelised onion chutney or robust piccalilli with my cheese boards.
To put your cheese board together, just gather together all of your ingredients and display them on boards and in little dishes and arrange them so it looks good.
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
How To Make An Autumn Grazing Board Your Way
- Switch the cheeses for any you like.
- Go for a more Mediterranean style with Mozzarella, Feta, sun dried tomatoes, figs and a selection of antipasto.
- Go vegetarian and skip the meat, add more cheese maybe a homemade hummus too.
Get more delicious autumn recipes here
How To Serve Autumn Cheese Board
- Perfect as an easy laid back dinner for entertaining friends
- We’re loving this as our new family tradition – first Saturday of the month = cheese
- Add some nice red wine for the adults and sparkling elderflower cordial for the kids.
Get more cheesy recipes here
Save our gorgeous Autumn Cheese Board to Pinterest for later!
Get more quick and easy meals here