Autumn is the most perfect time for putting together a cheeseboard, not only do you get the star of the show CHEESE but… you get so many lovely seasonal autumnal fruits and veggies, that just make the cheeseboard so so delicious.
I’ve started a new little family tradition (because we didn’t really have any traditions… and I thought it was about time we got us some!) So first Saturday of the month now is cheese board dinner. Easy, laid back and oh so tasty.
The main thing to remember when putting together a cheese board is to just fill it with stuff you LOVE, there’s no rules, just collect together the things you find totally delicious to eat.
If you fancy throwing together my autumn cheese board, here’s what you’ll be needing.
Simple cheese board perfect for a laid back autumn dinner
- Cornish Tickler Cheese
- Camembert Cheese
- Herby Roule Cheese
- Parma Ham
- Smoked Almonds
- Poppy Seed Cheese Twists
- Olive Bread Sticks
- Small Loaf of Rosemary Bread
- Small Loaf of Tomato Bread
- Vine Tomatoes
- Sliced Pears
- Small Jar of Chutney
- Just gather together all of your ingredients and display them on boards and in little dishes and arrange so it looks good.
Make an autumn cheese board your way
- Switch the cheeses for any you like.
- Go for a more Mediterranean style with Mozzarella, Feta, sun dried tomatoes, figs and a selection of antipasto.
- Go vegetarian and skip the meat, add more cheese maybe a homemade hummus too.
How to serve autumn cheese board
- Perfect as an easy laid back dinner for entertaining friends
- We’re loving this as our new family tradition – first Saturday of the month = cheese
- Add some nice red wine and sparkling elderflower cordial for the kids.