You’re (well okay the kids) are going to get literally hours of fun with these brilliant balloon rockets. Best of all you only need a few things to make them, a fab activity for a rainy day.
What you need to make balloon rockets
- straw – cut in half
- sticky tape
How to make balloon rockets
- Thread a straw onto your string
- Tie your string at two points across your house – keep the string straight and tight.
- Blow up your balloon (we like flashing alien balloons…) but don’t tie it – just hold the end between your fingers so the air doesn’t escape.
- Use sticky tape to tape the straw to the top of the balloon – remember to keep hold of the end of the balloon!
- Launch your balloon by letting go of the end of the balloon.
Take things further…
- Set up balloon races and get some competition going.
Watch a balloon rocket in action…