Now I totally love a Nando’s it’s by far my favourite take-away, gorgeous spicy chicken burgers topped with halloumi, pineapple and chilli jam… spicy peri peri chips and always, always a side of peas, I just love the peas.
But as I can’t eat at Nando’s every night I’ve had to make up my version of Nando’s peas at home and they’re delicious, okay not quite a Nando’s pea BUT they’re a great substitute.
Just the best way to serve peas!
- 3 cups of cooked peas.
- knob of butter
- 1/2 small chilli, finely chopped (deseeded if you prefer a milder taste)
- 1 small bunch of parsley - leaves picked and chopped
- 4 mint leaves - finely chopped
- sea salt and black pepper
- Remove half the peas, add a knob of butter and mash them with a potato masher.
- Mix all the peas back together.
- Add in the chilli, parsley and mint and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Stir everything to mix all the flavours.
How to serve Nando’s style peas
- We love these with peri peri chicken casserole
- Serve alongside homemade burgers or grilled fish.