We just LOVE these super cute paper mache Christmas baubles, they’re a brilliant Christmas craft for kids to make and you can make them any size you like from tiny ones to gigantic and decorate them any way you like – just have fun with it.
What you need to make paper mache baubles
- 2 cups flour
- cold water to mix
- torn up strips of paper (newspaper will do)
- glitter or any other decorations you want to use
How to make paper mache baubles
- First mix up the paper mache ‘glue’ we just use flour and water for this – tip the flour into a bowl and pour cold water in slowly, mix into a paste the consistency of double cream.
- Blow up the balloon to the size you want and tie a piece of string to the fastener.
- Dip the paper strips into the flour mixture and stick to the balloon, keep going until the balloon is completely covered – at least two layers.
- Hang the bauble and allow to dry – this usually takes overnight – remember to cover the surface below the balloon to protect it from drips.
- Once the bauble is dry you can paint it and decorate it anyway you like – then hang and allow to dry and then it’s ready to use!