Super easy instructions for making your own natural room spray with essential oils. Ditch the chemicals and make your home smell gorgeous, naturally!
It’s super simple to make your own natural room spray. Cut out all the chemicals and give your home a natural fresh scent.
What you need to make natural room spray
- 300ml small pump action spray bottle – you can re-purpose an empty bottle or pick these up quite cheaply at the chemist or homeware shops.
- distilled water
- 100ml witch hazel
- essential oils of your choice (see our guide below on scent combinations)
How to make natural room spray
- add 100ml witch hazel to the bottle
- simply fill the spray bottle almost to the top with distilled water.
- add 8-10 drops each of your chosen oils.
- pop the lid onto the bottle and shake well (shake before each use also)
- that’s it! It’s ready to spray.
- use the spray within a couple of weeks and then discard any leftovers.
Essential oil room spray scent combinations
- Uplifting Scent – bergamot with orange oil – lovely sprayed in living areas
- Antibacterial Scent – tea tree with lavender and eucalyptus – great for freshening bathrooms
- Warming Scent – sandalwood with orange oil – lovely sprayed in hallways
When using natural essential oils it’s important to note that some natural essential oils are contraindicated for use with certain health issues always check before you use them and if in doubt consult a qualified aromatherapist.
Always store oils and homemade room spray out of reach of children.
I’m quite happy to spray these room sprays around my home, some of the moisture droplets does fall onto soft furnishings and furniture, this doesn’t bother me but if you have expensive items you might want to be careful and spray them away from precious items.
More Green Cleaning Tips and Ideas
- How to make peppermint pillow spray – a soothing, fresh scented peppermint pillow spay to help you relax into sleep.
- How to clean the washing machine with vinegar and soda – the natural way to keep your washing machine clean and fresh, without harsh chemicals.
- How to air the bed properly – all the reasons you should be airing your bed thoroughly everyday!
- 300ml pump action spray bottle (empty)
- 200ml distilled water
- 100ml witch hazel
- essential oils of your choice
- Add 100ml witch hazel to the bottle
- Simply fill the spray bottle almost to the top with distilled water.
- Add 8-10 drops each of your chosen oils.
- Pop the lid onto the bottle and shake well (shake before each use also)
Shake before each use - and use within a couple of weeks and discard any leftovers
Save our homemade natural room spray to Pinterest for later!