It’s simple to make your own natural room spray. Cut out all the chemicals and give your home a natural fresh scent.
Things you’ll need to make natural room spray
- small pump action spray bottle – you can re-purpose an empty bottle or pick these up quite cheaply at the chemist or homeware shops.
- essential oils of your choice (see our guide below on scent combinations)
How to make natural room spray
- simply fill the spray bottle almost to the top with cold water.
- add 8 drops each of your chosen oils.
- pop the lid onto the bottle and shake well (shake before each use also)
- that’s it! It’s ready to spray.
- use the spray within a couple of days and then discard any leftovers.
Essential oil room spray scent combinations
Uplifting scent – bergamot with orange oil – lovely sprayed in living areas
Antibacterial scent – tea tree with lavender and eucalyptus – great for freshening bathrooms
Warming scent – sandalwood with orange oil – lovely sprayed in hallways
When using natural essential oils it’s important to note that some natural essential oils are contraindicated for use with certain health issues always check before you use them and if in doubt consult a qualified aromatherapist. Always store oils and homemade room spray out of reach of children.
I’m quite happy to spray these room sprays around my home, some of the moisture droplets does fall onto soft furnishings and furniture, this doesn’t bother me but if you have expensive items you might want to be careful and spray them away from precious items.
You might also like our Quick Homekeeping Project – Kitchen Caddy