How to spring clean the bathroom – get our free cleaning checklist to help you really deep clean and organise the bathroom.
I know you’re probably thinking the bathroom is tiny it doesn’t need a spring clean but you’re wrong.
The bathroom can definitely benefit from a thorough deep clean and declutter at least a few times a year.
A good clear out of cosmetics and toiletries that are passed their best, making room for a few nice new things… Every cloud!
Our spring cleaning checklist will get you through the clean up quickly and efficiently.
As you know I do try to use more natural cleaning products where possible, especially in family homes. However the bathroom is the one place I do use bleach and I always use antibacterial cleaner such as Dettol multi-surface spray for cleaning toilets, taps and door handles.
Especially with young children toilets need to be super clean to avoid them picking up nasty bugs.
All antibacterial and bleach cleaners should be stored well out of reach of children.
Again you’ll need to set aside either a morning or an afternoon to give the bathroom a good spring clean.
As always when spring cleaning, get the windows open wide and the music loud. Makes it so much better.
Things you’ll need to spring clean the bathroom
- cleaning cloths
- bathroom cleaner – I like Method Bathroom Cleaner it smells lovely.
- antibacterial spray – I use Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleaner (this for me is a MUST HAVE product, especially if you’ve got kids or pets!)
- window cleaner – you can make your own natural window cleaner this leaves glass streak free.
- vacuum cleaner
- dishwashing soap
- mop and bucket
- floor cleaners – I like Method Floor Cleaner.
- bags/boxes for rubbish and clutter to give away
- The Daisies & Pie printable Bathroom Spring Cleaning Checklist.
Get our spring cleaning checklists – room by room here
How to spring clean the bathroom
- Take down light fittings, clean and return.
- Dust cornice and ceiling features, use a long handled feather duster to do this and to knock down any dusty cobwebs that might be hanging about.
- Windows – vacuum and wipe down blinds, vacuum window vents, wash the windows, I use the natural homemade window cleaner for this job. Finally clean the windowsills.
- Cupboards – get out all the contents, go through them and sort out what you still want. Throw away any cosmetics, toiletries and medicines that are past their best. Clean the inside and outside of the cupboards. Put back the things you are keeping – arrange them so you have easy access to frequently used items.
- Declutter and clean all surfaces.
- Clean light switches and door handles – I do this with Dettol.
- Put all towels and bathmats into the laundry.
- Clean tiles and grout – if grout is especially dirty clean this with bleach and an old toothbrush. Be sure to rinse very well before using any additional products in that area.
- Clean the mirrors – I do this with the homemade window cleaner.
- Clean the bath and shower.
- Wash the shower curtains (if washable) and clean the curtain rail and curtain hooks with warm soapy water.
- Clean toilet with antibacterial cleaner – make an effort clean around the back and under pipes.
- Clean the bathroom sink – again do around the back where it gets really dusty.
- Vacuum and wipe down all the woodwork – door, door frames and skirting boards.
- Vacuum and mop the floors.
- Put out fresh towels and bath mats
Get the Daisies & Pie printable spring clean the bathroom checklist.
Want a really clean bathroom? Get our best bathroom cleaning tips here.
Easy Cleaning Tips To Try At Home
- How To Air The Bed – airing the bed is a good thing! Here’s how to do it properly and why it’s important.
- Natural Room Spray – how to make your own natural room spray with peppermint and nutmeg essential oils.
- How To Wash Pillows – the best way to wash and freshen pillows.
You might also like our Easy Housework Routine
Once you’ve got things clean and organised try out our Easy Housework Routine to keep on top of things.
It breaks down housework into manageable daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
For a clean and tidy home get our BEST cleaning tips here
Get more home and garden tips here
Get more housework routines here
You can get more printable housework checklists here
Get all our spring cleaning tips here