How to spring clean the bedroom – top to bottom guide for really deep cleaning and organising the bedroom.
I don’t hide the fact that I just love a good spring clean.
Ditching all the unwanted clutter, giving rooms a thorough clean so that everything sparkles, putting everything back neat and looking good it really makes me happy.
So this week we’re continuing our spring cleaning theme and heading up to the bedroom.
Again you’ll need to set aside either a morning or an afternoon to give the bedroom a thorough spring clean – if you’re doing kids rooms get them helping out to.
As always when spring cleaning, get the windows open wide and the music loud, it just makes cleaning so much more uplifting and enjoyable.
What you need to spring clean the bedroom
- Cleaning cloths
- Surface cleaner – I like Method Multi-Surface Cleaner in French Lavender it smells divine and you can clean most surfaces with it.
- Window cleaner – you can make your own natural window cleaner this leaves glass streak free.
- Vacuum cleaner
- Bags/boxes for rubbish and clutter to give away
- Daisies & Pie Spring Clean the Bedroom Checklist
How to spring clean the bedroom
- Empty the wardrobes and drawers. Sort through your clothes and belongings, get rid of items no longer wanted.
- Pack away your cold weather clothing and shoes and store neatly away until next autumn/winter.
- Vacuum and clean the inside of the wardrobe and drawers.
- Unpack your warm weather clothing and shoes and arrange neatly in the freshly cleaned wardrobes and drawers. Here’s how to fold your clothes like they do in a store…. for extra lovely neatness!
- Declutter and clean on top of the wardrobes.
- Declutter and clean all surfaces
- Clean door handles and light switches – you might want to do this with a little tea tree infused soapy water – soak cloth in the water and wring out until only just damp. Do not drip water on electrics!
- Vacuum light shades.
- Windows – take down and wash the curtains (as per laundry instructions), vacuum and wipe blinds, vacuum window vents, wash the windows and clean the windowsills.
- Clean mirrors – we use our natural window cleaner for this job.
- Vacuum underneath and behind all furniture.
- Vacuum and wipe down all woodwork – doors, skirting boards etc.
- Wash and store winter bedding and bring out lighter spring/summer bedding.
- Vacuum the mattress (you’ll be amazed how much dead skin and dust this will remove!
- Vacuum all parts of the bed.
- Make up the bed with clean summer – light weight bedding.
- Vacuum the floor and mop if it’s a suitable surface for mopping.
More Home Cleaning Tips
- How To Air The Bed – airing the bed is a good thing! Here’s how to do it properly and why it’s important.
- Natural Room Spray – how to make your own natural room spray with peppermint and nutmeg essential oils.
- How To Wash Pillows – the best way to wash and freshen pillows.
You might also like our Easy Housework Routine