How to spring clean the bedroom – download our top to bottom cleaning checklist for really deep cleaning and organising the bedroom.
I don’t hide the fact that I just love a good spring clean.
Going through all my home decluttering, giving rooms a thorough clean so that everything sparkles, putting everything back neat and looking good it really makes me happy.
So this week we’re continuing our spring cleaning theme and heading up to the bedroom.
Again you’ll need to set aside either a morning or an afternoon to give the bedroom a thorough deep clean – if you’re doing kids bedrooms get them helping out to.
As always when doing a big spring clean, get the windows open wide and the music loud, it just makes cleaning so much more uplifting and enjoyable.
Cleaning products you need to spring clean the bedroom
- Cleaning cloths
- Surface cleaner – I like Method Multi-Surface Cleaner in French Lavender it smells divine and you can clean most surfaces with it.
- Window cleaner – you can make your own homemade window cleaner this leaves glass streak free.
- Vacuum cleaner
- Bags/boxes for rubbish and clutter to give away
- Daisies & Pie Spring Clean Checklist for the bedroom
You can get more printable housework checklists here
What is a deep clean?
A deep clean is where you totally declutter your space and clean everything in it from floor to ceiling.
It includes every cupboard, box, shelf and windows, window sills, countertops, EVERYTHING! If it’s there – clean it!
Get lots more housework routine tips and ideas for making it easier here.
How to spring clean the bedroom
All our best bedroom cleaning hacks UK style to really give your bedroom a thorough deep clean!
- Empty the wardrobes and drawers. Sort through your clothes and belongings, get rid of items no longer wanted.
- Pack away your cold weather clothing and shoes and store neatly away until next autumn/winter.
- Vacuum and clean the inside of the wardrobe and drawers.
- Unpack your warm weather clothing and shoes and arrange neatly in the freshly cleaned wardrobes and drawers. Here’s how to fold your clothes like they do in a store…. for extra lovely neatness!
- Declutter and clean on top of the wardrobes.
- Declutter and clean all surfaces
Get More How To Clean Tips Here
- Clean door handles and light switches – you might want to do this with a little tea tree infused soapy water – soak cloth in the water and wring out until only just damp. Do not drip water on electrics!
- Vacuum light shades.
- Windows – take down and wash the curtains (as per laundry instructions), vacuum and wipe blinds, vacuum window vents, wash the windows and clean the windowsills.
- Clean mirrors – we use our homemade window cleaner for this job.
Get more housework cleaning checklists here
Love a clean bedroom? Get our best bedroom cleaning tips here!
- Vacuum underneath and behind all furniture.
- Vacuum and wipe down all woodwork – doors, skirting boards etc.
- Wash and store winter bedding and bring out lighter spring/summer bedding.
- Vacuum the mattress (you’ll be amazed how much dead skin and dust this will remove!
- Vacuum all parts of the bed.
- Make up the bed with clean summer – light weight bedding.
- Vacuum the floor and mop if it’s a suitable surface for mopping.
Get all our spring cleaning tips here
More Home Cleaning Tips
- How To Air The Bed – airing the bed is a good thing! Here’s how to do it properly and why it’s important.
- Homemade Room Spray – how to make your own natural room spray with peppermint and nutmeg essential oils.
- How To Wash Pillows – the best way to wash and freshen pillows.
You might also like our Easy Housework Routine
Get more housework routines here
Get more easy home and garden tips and ideas here
Hey! – We hope our cleaning checklist makes your spring cleaning a whole lot easier! We love to see your before and after cleaning photos – tag us on Twitter @daisiesandpieUK or Instagram @daisiesandpie
Get more home and garden tips here