How to spring clean your kitchen – get our free top to bottom cleaning checklist for really deep cleaning and organising the kitchen.
I love spring cleaning. Totally love it!
I love the feeling of emptying out a room, getting rid of unwanted clutter, giving everything a proper scrub and putting it all back together sparklingly clean and totally organised.
It feels good! When I start my big spring clean I always like to do the kitchen first.
Get the windows wide open, get some fresh air blowing in, put the radio on loud and really get stuck in.
When it comes to cleaning I like to use non-toxic cleaning products wherever possible. I know there are some jobs like cleaning the oven that often require a little blast of chemicals… but on the whole I keep it green!
You need to set aside a good afternoon at least to do a proper spring clean but once you’ve got it sparkling clean it’s so much easier to keep on top of and it will look nice and make you smiley.
What you need to spring clean the kitchen
- cleaning cloths – some for cleaning, some for polishing.
- detergent – I like Method or Ecover.
- white vinegar
- plain white bar of soap (this is great for cleaning stainless steel – wash down & buff dry)
- dishwashing liquid
- mop & bucket
- floor cleaner
- vacuum cleaner
- Daisies & Pie Printable Kitchen Cleaning Spring Cleaning Checklist
Get all our spring cleaning tips here
How to spring clean the kitchen
- Empty all food cupboards – throw away food past use by date, wash and refill storage containers, clean insides of all the cupboards, return food and wipe jars as you do so, organise cupboards to frequently used things are easy to reach and like items are together.
- Empty out all other kitchen cupboards – declutter and throw away rubbish, sort out unwanted items for charity/sale, clean the insides of all the cupboards, return items and arrange so frequently used items are easy to reach, put like items together in groups. Eg. drink making cupboard with tea/coffee, cups, glasses etc by the kettle.
- Declutter and clean on tops of cupboards using hot soapy water.
- Declutter and clean all surfaces using hot soapy water.
- Get our how to clean kitchen tiles guide here for super shiny tiles!
- Clean door handles and light switches.
- Carefully clean light fittings.
- Wipe down all paint work – doors, skirting boards, radiators etc – I do this just using hot soapy water and drying with a towel.
- Clean windows and window dressings – I use homemade window cleaner for doing the windows – window dressings should be cleaned as per instructions on the curtains/blinds.
Get More How To Clean Tips Here
Get more kitchen cleaning tips here
- Clean the oven and hob including extractor fan if you have one. You might like our guide on how to clean the cooker hood and filters.
- Wipe down kitchen tiles – I use the homemade window cleaner to clean tiles to.
- Clean appliances – microwave, dishwasher, coffee machine – always follow manufacturers instructions for cleaning household appliances safely.
- Clean the fridge – including vacuuming the back
- Clean dining table and chairs
- Clean the kitchen sink
- Vacuum and mop the floors.
You can get more printable housework checklists here
More home cleaning tips and ideas
For a clean and tidy home get our BEST cleaning tips here
- Kitchen Cleaning Essentials – get the run down on our essential cleaning products that really keep the kitchen fresh and clean.
- How to Speed Clean the House in 20 Minutes – short on time? Here’s how to blitz the house in just 20 minutes!
- 20 Things At Home You Really Should Be Cleaning – all the things at home you should really be cleaning…. but probably aren’t
You might also like our Easy Housework Routine
Get more housework routines here
Hey! – We hope our cleaning checklist makes your spring cleaning a whole lot easier! We love to see your before and after cleaning photos – tag us on Twitter @daisiesandpieUK or Instagram @daisiesandpie
Get more home and garden tips here