This is really cool stuff for kids! Impress your Halloween party guests with fab icy hands to keep the drinks chilled. These icy hands are so simple to make and look really spooky hanging out of the top of black lemonade or bobbing around in a vat of red
cocktail witches brew…
So fun for the kids to help make too!
What you need to make icy hand sculpture
- New rubber gloves – buy the cheap thin ones
- Elastic band
- Bottle of lemonade
- Black food colouring
- Wooden spoon
- Large jug
How to make icy hand sculptures
- Fill the rubber gloves with water – not to the top just to beginning of wrist.
- Fasten glove shut with an elastic band.
- Pop it in the freezer – you need to suspend it from the shelf above so that it freezes in a good hand shape.
- Leave them for a good few hours to freeze solid or overnight if possible.
- Prepare your fizzy puddle water – pour lemonade into the jug add a good squirt of black food dye and stir using the wooden spoon.
- Remove icy hand from the freezer – run it under hot water quickly so that the glove comes off easily. (you may need to cut glove)
- Put the icy hand into the jug and serve.
Enjoy the party!