Make your own Indian mint sauce at home – just like you get from the Indian take away!
I just love that delicious, tangy Indian mint sauce that comes alongside my poppadoms from the Indian take-away.
So I thought I’d mix up my own recipe to serve alongside a homemade curry.
The mint yogurt sauce from the Indian take-away is a tasty little mix of natural yogurt, mint, coriander and just a tiny pinch of sugar and turmeric.
I like to add cucumber strips to my Indian mint sauce too – so it’s more of a minty cucumber raita.
Our Indian yogurt dish is super simple to make up and makes a delicious dip for not only eating alongside Indian food but with crudités, breadsticks or nachos too.
Indian Mint Sauce Ingredients
- 4 tbs natural yogurt
- 2 tsp mint sauce – I just use regular mint sauce from a jar – they type I put on a roast lamb dinner
- 1/4 tsp caster sugar – you can leave this out if you prefer
- tiny pinch turmeric
- Small bunch coriander – leaves picked and chopped
- 1/2 cucumber – sliced into strips – you can leave this cucumber out if you just want the smooth yogurt sauce.
How to make Indian mint sauce
- Chop the cucumber – cut the cucumber into strips
- Mix the yogurt dressing – add the yogurt, mint sauce, sugar and tiny pinch of turmeric to a bowl and stir the ingredients together.
- Add the coriander and cucumber – stir the cucumber and coriander through the mint raita sauce.
Get more easy Indian recipes here
Make Indian mint sauce your way
Use our mint yogurt sauce as a basic recipe and add your own flair!
- Go spicy! – really heat things up and add some finely chopped green chillies to the Indian mix sauce.
- Add onions! – finely chop some spring onions and stir them through the mint yogurt sauce.
Get more delicious dips recipes here
How to serve Indian mint sauce
And it’s great served with any of our delicious easy curry recipes.
- Lamb keema – a quick and easy lamb mince curry with spinach and peas, ready to eat in less than 30 minutes, great for weeknight dinner.
- Easy beef curry – a simple oven cooked, slowly simmered beef curry, this cheap and easy curry recipe is great for family dinner.
- Chickpea curry – quick vegan curry with chickpeas, a healthy curry recipe that’s super simple to make and delicious to eat.
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
NEED SOME FAMILY MEAL IDEAS?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planner tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!
- 4 tbs natural yogurt
- 2 tsp mint sauce
- 1/4 tsp caster sugar
- pinch ground turmeric
- small bunch coriander - leaves picked and chopped
- 1/2 cucumber - sliced into strips
- Cut the cucumber into strips
- Add the yogurt, mint sauce, sugar and tiny pinch of turmeric to a bowl and stir the ingredients together.
- Stir the cucumber and coriander through the mint raita sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 14Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Save our delicious Indian minty yogurt sauce recipe to Pinterest for your next curry night!