Delicious Indian salad with a spicy kick of chilli and fragrant coriander, great for serving alongside a curry, with kebabs or just as a side dish for grilled chicken or fish.
To make up a big dish of Indian salad you’ll need two Little Gem lettuces, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, red chillies, coriander and lemon juice.
Simply shred the lettuce and dice up all the salad vegetables, finely slice the chilli, I keep the seeds in as I like the salad to give a really spicy kick of heat.
Toss all the ingredients together in a bowl and squeeze over a drizzle of lemon juice and a sprinkle of sea salt. Totally delicious.
A spicy salad that'll give a kick of heat to your dinner.
- 2-3 Little Gem lettuces - finely shredded
- cucumber - diced
- 6 salad tomatoes - diced
- 1 small onion - finely chopped
- 1 bunch of coriander - roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli - finely sliced
- sea salt
- Add the shredded lettuce and diced salad vegetables to a large bowl and toss together with your hands.
- Drizzle over a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkling of sea salt.
Make it your way…
- add chickpeas or grilled tofu (or both) and turn it into a main course salad
- skip the chilli if you don’t like things too hot