A fresh, zingy, delicious spicy Indian salad that’s the perfect healthy side dish to go alongside curry, kebabs or spicy burgers.
Our delicious Indian salad with a spicy kick of chilli and fragrant coriander is great for serving alongside a curry, with kebabs or just as a side dish for grilled chicken or fish.
It’s inspired by the salad from our local Indian take-away and we just love it’s fresh, zingy taste alongside our favourite curries.
Ingredients for Indian Salad
- 2-3 Little Gem lettuces – finely shredded
- cucumber – diced
- 6 salad tomatoes – diced
- 1 small onion – finely chopped
- 1 bunch of coriander – roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli – finely sliced
- sea salt
Get loads more tasty vegetable dishes here
How to make Indian Salad
To make up a big dish of Indian salad you’ll need two Little Gem lettuces, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, red chillies, coriander and lemon juice.
Simply shred the lettuce and dice up all the salad vegetables, finely slice the chilli, I keep the seeds in as I like the salad to give a really spicy kick of heat.
Toss all the ingredients together in a bowl and squeeze over a drizzle of lemon juice and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Totally delicious and ridiculously simple.
Make our spicy salad your way…
- add some protein – turn this into a main course salad – try chicken, prawns, tofu, or grilled halloumi or simply throw in a can of chickpeas.
- skip the chilli – if you don’t like things too hot
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
More healthy salad recipes to make
Love salad? Then we think you’ll really enjoy our healthy main course salads below.
- Quick Spicy Prawn Salad – a super quick weeknight dinner with tasty prawns, fresh salad and a side of garlic ciabatta.
- Healthy Chickpea & Beetroot Salad – our vegan chickpea salad is super simple and really tasty.
- Warm Sweet Potato Salad – lick your lips! You’ll just love this warm roast vegetable salad, it’s simple, flavoursome and oh so good to eat!
NEED SOME FAMILY MEAL IDEAS?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planner tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!
- 2 little gem lettuce - shredded
- 1 cucumber - diced
- 6 tomatoes - diced
- 1 small onion - finely diced
- 1 bunch coriander - roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli - finely chopped
- juice of a lemon
- pinch of sea salt
- Add the shredded lettuce and diced salad vegetables to a large bowl and toss together with your hands.
- Drizzle over a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkling of sea salt.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 539mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 12g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Save our delicious Indian salad recipe to Pinterest for later!