Oh my goodness this is so tasty. A simple recipe for Italian chicken traybake. Crispy skinned roast chicken thighs nestled amongst a medley of Mediterranean vegetables, baby plum tomatoes, peppers, red onion and garlic.
It’s quick to prepare and packed with fresh ingredients making a great family dinner to make on a busy weeknight. Using chicken thighs makes this a nice low cost recipe. Serve alongside creamy mashed potatoes, french fries or couscous.
Delicious and easy family dinner.
- 6-8 chicken thighs
- 350g baby plum tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 red/orange pepper
- sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves - whole
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Put the chicken thighs into a roasting tin, cover tightly with foil and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven, take off the foil and tip in the tomatoes, onions, garlic and pepper. Add the fresh rosemary, scatter over the dried oregano and season well with salt and pepper. Add a little drizzle of olive oil.
- Return to the oven and roast for a further 20 - 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and no pink remains.
Make Italian Chicken tray bake your way
- Use chicken legs instead of thighs.
- Try out different vegetables – aubergines, courgettes and sweet potatoes work well.
- Go Indian and replace the rosemary and oregano with cumin and coriander.
Love your leftovers…
- Any leftovers can be served in a wrap or on ciabatta rolls… add cheese and salad.